Donor advised funds have become popular vehicles for charitable giving due to the favorable tax benefits they can provide and to centralize donors' philanthropic giving.
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a named charitable giving account you can set up under a public charity, most often a sponsoring financial or community institution such as Schwab Charitable, Fidelity Charitable or Seattle Foundation, among others. To set up a DAF, you make an irrevocable gift of cash or other assets to the financial or community institution, receive a tax deduction, and as a "donor-advisor" may make non-binding grant recommendations to benefit the charities you care about.
What are the advantages of a donor advised fund (DAF)?
- Combines the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support the Seattle Symphony
- Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free
- Easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes
- Allows you to support multiple charities from one block of stock
- Simplifies your charitable giving and facilitates your strategic philanthropic goals
Learn more about supporting the Seattle Symphony through a DAF by reading our Donor Advised Fund Gift Acceptance Policy and Frequently Asked Questions.
How can I donate through DAF Direct?
Start donating today by clicking the DAF Direct link below. Select your DAF sponsor charity from the dropdown menu, enter your donation amount and click NEXT. You will be taken to your DAF sponsor charity's website to complete the donation process. Go to DAF Direct website
Currently only Fidelity Charitable, Greater Kansas City CF, Schwab Charitable and BNY Melon are available through DAF Direct, but additional DAF sponsor charities will be added based on demand. If your DAF sponsor charity is not available through DAF Direct, contact your charity to initiate your donation.
Thank you for your support of the Seattle Symphony!
The Seattle Symphony is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax ID# 91-0667412.