We are looking for experienced, highly qualified choral singers to join us.
Auditions on September 29th!
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming auditions and be considered for an audition, please complete the online application form. You do not need to contact us after applying online. Upon receiving your application, we will review it and contact you with possible audition times. Materials will be provided upon audition invitation.
Audition requirements are as follows:
- Prepared solo, about two minutes in length, preferably an art song or aria that showcases your voice.
- Prepared melisma from Handel’s Messiah.
- Prepared quartet by Mozart for a blend check.
- Vocal exercises.
- Sight reading.
Auditions are typically 15 minutes long. Most auditions take place at Benaroya Hall downtown Seattle, however there may be exceptions based on hall availability.
Good to know:
- We rehearse on Monday nights from 7pm to 9:30pm on Dexter Avenue, in Seattle. Our season runs roughly from September to June.
- Additional rehearsal commitments include our annual retreat (full day, typically on a Saturday) as well as occasional sectionals (Wednesday nights, 7pm to 9:30pm, downtown Seattle.)
- During performance weeks, please expect to be rehearsing or performing virtually every evening! We typically have a piano rehearsal on Monday, followed by one or two orchestra rehearsals on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then several performances.
- We expect all singers to commit to singing all concert series but do understand that there may be exceptions -- singers enter their commitments online at the beginning of every season.
- We do not charge annual dues, however we ask for a token participation to certain events such as our retreat, and singers pay a music deposit that is refunded when they leave the group. Singers are responsible for purchasing their performance attire. All expenses, including parking fees and mileage driven, may be tax deductible.
- All members are asked to re-audition every two years, and receive ongoing feedback from their section leader, as appropriate.
- We host a members' appreciation party every year as well as other occasional events!
We are a fun group with a professional atttude. We pride ourselves on making great music and constantly raising the bar. We hope you choose to join us. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. To sign up, please use the link above.
Thank you for your interest!